MOHAMMAD ABDUL BARI INSTITUTE OF JURIDICAL SCIENCE
Chairman - Mr. Samsul Alam
Secretary (ex officio) - Teacher in Charge - Mrs. Pialee Parbhin
1. Mr. Esha Ruhul Amin (Full Time Faculty Representative)
2. Mrs. Sahana Shabnam (Part Time Faculty Representative)
3. Mr. Mijanur Rahaman (Non-Teaching Faculty Representative)
4. Mr. Abdus Sattar.
The name ‘Murshidabad’ comes from the place known as “Muksudabad” which was the capital of Bengal during Murshid Quli Khan’s rule. Before the advent of British, the city of Murshidabad was the capital of Bengal. It has a great significance in the Indian History as in 1757 the British defeated Siraj–ud–Daula in the Battle of Plassey, after which the entire nation was brought under the British Colonial Rule. Even after the conquest of Bengal by the British, Murshidabad remained for some time the seat of administration.
About the Institute
The institute was established in the Year 2008 and the admissions started from the year 2009. The Institute was established by the Maniknagar Social Welfare Society to cater the needs of the students of the locality as the nearest law college was at an distance of about 100 kilometres from Domkal Town. Though Domkal being a Subdivisional Town the facilities for higher education was very meagre. Maniknagar Social Welfare Society under the leadership of Mr. Samsul Alam and with the patronage of his elder brother Mr. Justice Md. Anwarul Hoque (Retd.), Hon'ble Supreme Court of Bangladesh took the initiative to establish the Institute.
Presently, the Institute caters to the students belonging from all communities and covering pan West Bengal. The institute also expects its horizon to reach the people of India..